For our latest breakfast cravings, we took a look at the Marvel Avengers waffle maker, which makes four waffles imprinted with some of our favorite superheroes (Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk).
Spoiler alert: we loved it! It’s easy to use, has adjustable browning control (no burnt waffles for us, please), nonstick material, and “power” and “ready” lights to make things extra simple for those of us who aren’t exactly baking-inclined.
Check out our full video review — with an extra special guest appearance from Iron Man!
Want to chow down on some Avenger waffles yourself? Here’s the Trader Joe’s Waffle Mix recipe and instructions that we used:
You will need:
- 3 1/2 cups of Trader Joe’s Baking Mix
- 2 cups of water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat your awesome Marvel Avengers waffle maker
- Add all ingredients (except cooking spray) to a bowl, and stir until smooth (ideally with a whisk, but hey, if all you’ve got is a big spoon, go for it!)
- Spray your super cool Avengers waffle maker with cooking spray
- Pour in 1/2 to 3/4 cup of batter
- Close the lid (use your Hulk strength!) and cook until all escaping steam has stopped and waffles are golden, crisp, and easily pull away from the waffle iron
- Bon Appétit!