If your friend Says Anything when you give them thisclassic Lloyd boom box trench coat t-shirt, it had better be thank you! What better way get out of the doghouse than by referencing this monumentally romantic scene in the form of this meaningful (and reasonably priced) gift – the only true path is forgiveness!
“Jaaaaaaaaaake!”…If you can’t immediately name that scene, have you even seen Sixteen Candles (…100 times, like I have)? Surprise your loved one with this adorable graphic t with an illustration of the movie’s official poster!
Or maybe if a collectible is more their style, this Samantha bobble head is a fun way to let them dress up their desk at work or add to their glass collectibles cabinet devoted entirely to 80s inspired memorabilia (not judging). Also find more Sixteen Candles merch here!
Go Back to the Future with this amazingly retro Cafe 80s shirt from Redbubble! Flaunt your love for baby Michael J with subtly – only the true fans will catch the reference – and everyone one else will think it’s a cool 1980s throwback. This shirt not exactly your style? Check out some other options!
Be a true friend, and don’t trade anyone out for a bunch of swatch-dogs and diet-cokeheads – give them this adorable Heathers phone case! Featuring a marker illustration of the infamous backyard croquet scene, this gift is sure to please the devoted Heathers fan!
Nobody puts baby in a corner, but it looks like someone’s put (a quote about) her on a pillow. Help your 80s fan decorate their couch or bed with this cute throw pillow sporting the classic Dirty Dancing line “She’s Like The Wind” written in modern calligraphy.
You might have thought it was inconceivable to put Vizzini’s face directly on a mini-skirt but someone at Redbubble has just proven you wrong! This fabric print is definitely not for the faint of heart, but a fun statement piece for the true Princess Bride loving fashionista/o!
And for those with subtler tastes (lame!), your WISHes have been granted with this classic Wesley quote t-shirt! As with all Redbubble prints, these come in different cuts and sizes so you can find the perfect match for your lucky giftee!
Believe it or not, it’s been almost twenty five years since the original Jurassic Park came out. Lots of things have changed since then — and not just the color of Steven Spielberg’s hair. But who would have thought that our understanding of creatures that existed 65 million years ago would be one of them? Not us. Read on to increase your knowledge of all things dino — and check out some of our favorite Jurassic Park merch!
1. The existence of a previously unknown type of dinosaur called Sauroniops Pachytholus (yes, the name is a reference to Lord of the Rings, for all you Bilbo Baggins fans out there). You’d think a dinosaur the size of T-rex would be pretty hard to hide, but apparently not, since scientists were not aware of the Sauroniops Pachytholus until almost a decade after Jurassic Park came out. Too bad, because it would’ve been a pretty cool addition to the movie! (Hint hint, for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.)
2. Some dinosaurs had (primitive versions of) feathers. This had been speculated well before everyone’s favorite dino film came out, but it wasn’t until the late 90’s that conclusive proof of the first dinosaur with feathers was unearthed. (That dinosaur type is Sinosauropteryx, in case you need a name for your next pet.)
3. Dinosaurs were even taller than we thought. The idea of coming across a giant T-Rex already sounded daunting (or maybe just exciting, if you’re Ross from Friends). But six years after Jurassic Park came out, scientists discovered a type of dinosaur (Sauroposeidon) that was 59 feet tall! Good luck winning a limbo contest with that (although glowering at the judges from almost 60 feet up could very well get you that trophy).
4. There was a dinosaur that looked like a duck. If this sounds like your dream (or nightmare) Pokemon, you’re not alone. The Halszkaraptor apparently had a semiaquatic lifestyle, but could walk on land as need be (kind of like Michael Phelps). Word is still out on whether or not they quacked, but we’ll let our imagination say yes.
5. Some dinosaurs may have sparkled/glittered. This sounds like a Tumblr post waiting to happen, so we’ll consider this dinosaur, known as Caihong juji, to be a prehistoric hipster. Scientists think the glittering effect, which may have served as a social cue to other dinosaurs, likely resembled the look of modern hummingbirds. We’re not sure if we’d be as happy to see a dinosaur flying through our garden, though — especially not after seeing what happens in, you guessed it, Jurassic Park.
If this list made you reminisce about the first time you saw Jurassic Park, grab some popcorn and rent or buy the Paleolithic classic here!