ToonStyle is all about helping you bring your favorite franchises and characters out of their books, shows, and movies and into your clothes, accessories, home decor, and generally anywhere possible. Every time I thought, for example, “There’s no way that Ninja Turtle cufflinks exist, right?”, I was proven wrong. Many designs exist!
Today I had another one of those moments. I was bouncing through YouTube when I hit a very cool channel – Frog Leap Studios. A heavy metal expert with serious musical skills, Leo Moracchioli covers songs we all know and re-tools them with metal. It’s fun listening to Michael Jackson or Katy Perry’s hits, but it’s even more fun to see Leo rock out with some songs from our favorite kids movies. The songs are perfect mashups in the ToonStyle spirit.
In case you haven’t noticed from the Google doodle or sea of green around you, today is St. Patrick’s Day. If you want to avoid getting pinched for not wearing green and rep your favorite fandom at the same time, check out our list of fun green shirts and other pop culture merchandise for men, women, and children.
Do or do not dress up for St. Patrick’s Day, there is no try. If you do want to dress up, this shirt will do the trick. It’s green, and will get you high fives from fellow Star Wars fans (or oblivious people who just really like motivational slogans).
Don’t worry, we didn’t forget about the kids! If your kids weren’t excited about St. Patrick’s Day yet, this sweet Ninja Turtles backpack should get the party started. It looks like a turtle shell (um, awesome!), but it won’t slow you down with all your March 17th festivities.
It doesn’t get more on-point than this when it comes to pop culture St. Patrick’s Day merch. Whether or not you want to kiss Han Solo, you’ll be the star (wars) wherever you go. We might even say, your friends will be green with envy…
This amazing and hilarious Shrek kit (with ears and nose) can be used by kids or adults. Make people laugh (with you, not at you!) by sporting these at your St. Patrick’s Day shindig. Hey, they’re green, right?
When you’re tired out from all the green beer, throw these PJs on and climb into your cozy bed (even if your sheets aren’t green, hopefully they’re clean). Have sweet dreams of Zelda and Link after another successful St. Patrick’s Day.
Want to see even more great pop culture clothing, toys, and other merch? Check out ToonStyle!
Looking for Black Panther toys, clothing, and other fun merch? You’ve come to the right place. We reviewed some of the coolest Black Panther movie merch/products and picked out a handful of our favorites to share with you. Long live the king!
It doesn’t get much cooler than this shirt, which features the official Black Panther poster art on a sleek, all-black tee from Hot Topic. It manages to fit ten different characters in an on-point graphic that’s just begging to be shown off.
Wakanda for what? Forever! Up next is another awesome Black Panther shirt from Hot Topic, with bold gold print on all black. Wakanda is considered to be the most technologically advanced country on the planet — so if you’re planning a visit, make sure you’re up to date with this tee.
Move over, T’challa… this Killmonger Funko POP is ready for battle — or at least for a place on your shelf or desk. There’s never a dull moment when Erik Killmonger is around.
It can be hard to find a purse with an attitude, but this bag should do the trick! It’s simple yet bold, and any Black Panther fan worth their salt will know what you’re representing. To everyone else, you’ll just look cool. You can feel like you’re carrying around a panther fur bag — without angry calls from PETA!
These boots were made for walkin’ – actually, these shoes were made for running around Wakanda like you’re T’Challa (or at least like you’re a Black Panther stan). Your feet will be the talk of the town (or maybe even nation) with these bad boys on.
Fiending for even more Black Panther movie merch? Check out ToonStyle for more great Black Panther products from Hot Topic, Walmart, Amazon, ThinkGeek, and more!
Image by ajeung
Go Back to the Future with this amazingly retro Cafe 80s shirt from Redbubble! Flaunt your love for baby Michael J with subtly – only the true fans will catch the reference – and everyone one else will think it’s a cool 1980s throwback. This shirt not exactly your style? Check out some other options!
Image by Catie Stewart
It’s February 14th, which means it’s time to shout “Happy Valentines Day!” from the rooftops — or in a text, if you’re not exactly the romantic type.
If you still haven’t picked out the perfect Valentines gifts for your one true love (or even a friend!), we have you covered with five ways to celebrate love with some of your favorite characters.
Okay, so this one is geared more towards kids. But even if you’re shopping for an adult, who doesn’t love cute dogs and candy? It comes with 28 cards and 28 lollipops — so just enough for two people 😉
If you know any Peanuts fans, this throw will be sure to get you major brownie points. What better way to stay cozy on Valentines Day?
Throw a little bit of humor into your Valentine’s Day gift with this hilarious Darth Vader mug — a must-have for any Star Wars lovers! Especially if you like your coffee roasted on the dark side.
This collection includes four “romantically-themed” Simpsons episodes, with 90 minutes full of heart-warming laughs. Yes please!
Another classic Star War Valentines gift that can be enjoyed all day and all night by your favorite Chewbacca fan — as long as they remember to do laundry!
We hope you liked these Valentines gifts as much as we do — check out ToonStyle for more awesome character merch that you can rock year-round!
Believe it or not, it’s been almost twenty five years since the original Jurassic Park came out. Lots of things have changed since then — and not just the color of Steven Spielberg’s hair. But who would have thought that our understanding of creatures that existed 65 million years ago would be one of them? Not us. Read on to increase your knowledge of all things dino — and check out some of our favorite Jurassic Park merch!
1. The existence of a previously unknown type of dinosaur called Sauroniops Pachytholus (yes, the name is a reference to Lord of the Rings, for all you Bilbo Baggins fans out there). You’d think a dinosaur the size of T-rex would be pretty hard to hide, but apparently not, since scientists were not aware of the Sauroniops Pachytholus until almost a decade after Jurassic Park came out. Too bad, because it would’ve been a pretty cool addition to the movie! (Hint hint, for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.)
2. Some dinosaurs had (primitive versions of) feathers. This had been speculated well before everyone’s favorite dino film came out, but it wasn’t until the late 90’s that conclusive proof of the first dinosaur with feathers was unearthed. (That dinosaur type is Sinosauropteryx, in case you need a name for your next pet.)
3. Dinosaurs were even taller than we thought. The idea of coming across a giant T-Rex already sounded daunting (or maybe just exciting, if you’re Ross from Friends). But six years after Jurassic Park came out, scientists discovered a type of dinosaur (Sauroposeidon) that was 59 feet tall! Good luck winning a limbo contest with that (although glowering at the judges from almost 60 feet up could very well get you that trophy).
4. There was a dinosaur that looked like a duck. If this sounds like your dream (or nightmare) Pokemon, you’re not alone. The Halszkaraptor apparently had a semiaquatic lifestyle, but could walk on land as need be (kind of like Michael Phelps). Word is still out on whether or not they quacked, but we’ll let our imagination say yes.
5. Some dinosaurs may have sparkled/glittered. This sounds like a Tumblr post waiting to happen, so we’ll consider this dinosaur, known as Caihong juji, to be a prehistoric hipster. Scientists think the glittering effect, which may have served as a social cue to other dinosaurs, likely resembled the look of modern hummingbirds. We’re not sure if we’d be as happy to see a dinosaur flying through our garden, though — especially not after seeing what happens in, you guessed it, Jurassic Park.
If this list made you reminisce about the first time you saw Jurassic Park, grab some popcorn and rent or buy the Paleolithic classic here!